• Business Setup & Business Registration
Answers to questions about how to set up and how to run a business in a specific Asia Country; general and practical information, investment and business regulations, foreign investments, government incentives, business legal identities and registration, employment regulations, corporate tax, personal tax, value added tax, banking, intellectual property etc. We are to offer additional assistance to business setup / business registration such as interim management services or we can connect you with outsourcing service providers.
• Finance, Tax & Accounting
In-depth consulting services, practical and direct retrievable for finance, tax and accounting.
– sub A. Finance matters deals with investments; assets and liabilities, conditions, uncertainty and risk, treasury management, corporate finance and personal finance. Main subjects are the funding and the capital structure, increase shareholder value, analysis and allocation of financial resources, balancing risk and profitability, optimize entity assets, maximize incoming cash flow, capital budgeting, sources of capital (private equity or initial public offering), creditors, credit lines, dividend policy; excess cash, future investment and operational requirements. Corporate finance may also include finance modelling, business valuation, stock investing and/or investment (portfolio) management or disputes(earn-outs, warranties), insolvency and bankruptcy and reorganization.
– sub B. Tax matters such as corporate tax, employment tax, expatriate tax, indirect tax (VAT, customs etc.), international tax agreements, tax incentives, Not For Profit organisations and charities, tax investigations, trusts and estates.
– sub C. Accounting matters like financial reporting and accounting regulations, IFRS / US GAAP standards and country specific standards, budgeting and forecasting, auditing, valuations, fraud risk management, corporate governance, internal control, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, forensic accounting, financial monitor services for M&A, antitrust laws (abuse of market power), ERP advisory, outsourcing accounting and financial support.
• Legal & Business Regulations
Legal business services in
– All disciplines; contract drafting and review
– Administrative & Constitutional; immigration laws, wills, trusts, & estate law
– Banking & Finance; acquisition funds, capital markets, debt & claims dispute resolution, debt collection, derivatives & financial products, financial services & regulation, Islamic finance, loan and credit facilities, project finance, securitization & structured finance
– Business Regulatory Affairs; consumer protection, factory management regulations (GMP, ISO, HACCP and PICS ), quality assurance, safety regulations & monitoring programs
– Capital Markets; corporate compliance & governance, debt & equity securities offerings, foreign investments, funding, regulatory and compliance, securities
– Corporate & Commercial; design, sourcing & manufacturing, marketing, regulatory & public, product liability & product recall, product safety protection, products & services laws
– Environment & Natural Resources; climate change, documentation, environmental & environment concerns, environmental laws, advisory/disputes, licensing and concessions, regulatory
– Insurance; insurance advisory and insurance dispute resolution
– Intellectual Property; anti-counterfeiting & anti-piracy, copyright, patents and trademark
– IT & E-commerce; data protection, privacy & information management, software Licensing, technology procurement
– Labour & Employment; disabilities, dispute resolution, employee compensation & benefits,
employment contracts, foreign personnel, immigration & mobility, privacy laws
– Major Projects; construction, (renewable) energy, mining, infrastructures and utilities, environmental laws, project financing and project monitoring
– Mergers & Acquisitions; corporate compliance & governance, due diligence, joint ventures & strategic alliances, reorganizations, tax for M&A and reorganizations, transaction implementation and structuring, transfer pricing – Real Estate; financing, investments & acquisitions
– Business Restructuring & Insolvency; distressed debt, formal bankruptcy, receivership, turnaround & renewal and liquidation
– Trade; dispute resolution, international trade & customs, regulatory & licensing, warranties, antitrust & competition, customs planning & compliance, franchise and distribution.
• Assets & Investment Management
Counselling services of professional asset management of single or numerous or a portfolio of securities – such as shares, bonds and various other securities – as well as other possessions – like for example; real estate and capital intensive movable and immovable property -, in order to fulfil specified financial investment objectives for the benefit of the investing financiers. These investors could be institutions; insurances, companies, pension funds, corporations, charities and other investing establishments or private investors both directly through financial investment agreements and/or typically through collective investment plans e.g. mutual stock funds or exchange-traded funds.
• Due Diligence
Supervise, participate or lead, certain (sub)-aspects or the total investigation or audit, under a certain standard of care, of a potential investment / business acquisition, that has to confirm all material facts regarding a possible business sale. The due diligence audit can be split up in 9 distinctive areas; compatibility, financial, macro-environment, legal, marketing, manufacturing, management, information systems and a settlement audit. Due diligence outcomes affect a variety of elements of the transaction consisting of the acquisition price, the representations and guarantees negotiated in the contract and the indemnification offered by the seller.
• Technology & Manufacturing
Advisory Service of on-site and off-site specialist diagnostic (SWOT) review after materials and manufacturing processes, product, tooling and assembly engineering, manufacturing systems and operations and manufacturing competitiveness.
• Employment Regulations
Advice and sharing knowledge about local employment regulations and conditions; individual, collective and international employment laws, relationship between workers (employees), employers, trade unions and the national government and specific topics like contracts, non-competition and confidentiality clauses, working hours and holidays, working conditions, compensation, wages and secondary benefits, work permits, occupational safety and health, anti-discrimination, recruitment, on-boarding, talent management, education and training, dismissal and child labour. AME do have local specialist in Asia HRM and employment regulations.
• Financial Restructuring
Financial and legal expertise to assist in the transaction details and negotiation of financial restructuring (or debt restructuring); the reorganizing of legal, ownership, operational, or other structures of a company for the purpose of future profitability and continuity. The need of a financial restructuring can also be caused by; change in ownership (acquisition, merger, management buy-out), strategy change (repositioning or turnaround), internal or external crisis, lack of profitability, state of insolvency or (near) bankruptcy. Although often under pressure of time, caution and prudence should be exercised. For example, it is common that in corporate finance restructuring, valuations are utilized to negotiate and to get approval of stakeholders to avoid lawsuits.
• Distressed Investments & Debts
Recommending and assisting to solve financial problems, distress or in default operations which fail to meet the legal obligations or conditions of a loan. We both offer expertise to business near insolvency and also the investors in financial restructuring (turnarounds) and participating in lend-to-own situations.